Tuesday, August 6, 2013

52 Week Savings Challenge: Week 6

Well, I have made it to Week Six! Honestly, I have not had to make any major changes to my daily lifestyle…yet. Since I am still in the single digit weeks I know that will change, so I am trying to plan ahead.
I have decided to give up and not purchase anything that is not essential for survival, like food. I am just kidding, but I will not be eating out anymore. I will only be eating at home and will prepare meals that I can eat on for a few days, like chicken spaghetti and crockpot meals. It will be good when it starts to get colder. I am not a big fan of leftovers, but I guess I will have to force myself to like them. We will see how long that lasts.

I have also been looking into cancelling my DIRECTV. I can actually hear you all gasping in horror of the thought of not being able to watch your favorite shows. Truth be told, I do not watch a lot of TV and do not have any particular shows that I have to watch. I have the most basic plan they offer, with no HD or DVR (I hear another gasp), and it still costs me $75.00 a month. To me, that is ridiculous. I could get a Redbox every night of the month if I wanted, and it would only cost me $30.00. That’s $45.00 I just saved.
Like I said, I am still considering it since I will also be giving up going out with my friends, mini weekend vacations, and any unnecessary driving. With that, I will be stuck at home a lot with my Schnauzer Jack and may need re-runs of “Friends” and “The Big Bang Theory” to keep us company.

Since my last blog post, I have heard from many of you that you are also taking the challenge. Kudos to you! I am so excited and pleased to have so much feedback from this and to know that I have inspired so many to join me. I love hearing from different people and what they are going through and how they are making changes in order to save. 

This gave me an idea. I want to make this an “official challenge.” I have a link below to a pledge. This is for those of you who are taking the challenge already or plan to start it by September 3. If you sign the pledge and send it the Public Relations department here at Texas Bank and Trust, you will become officially part of the 52 Week Savings Challenge. At the end of the 52 weeks, if you have signed and sent in your pledge and can show me that you have saved the grand total of $1,378, you will be part of an elite savings group. You will be invited to attend a reception and receive your 52 Week Savings Challenge t-shirt next summer! You will get to show everyone that you made it all the way through and are $1,378 richer and are a savings champion!

I know it will be tough, and I am not looking forward to the double digit weeks to come, but I know it will be all worth it in the end. And I really want to earn that t-shirt! So if you are, or want to be, officially in the Challenge, please send in your signed pledge. You can scan and email it, or mail it to the address on the form.

Please read the pledge carefully, and I hope to see many of these come in by September 3.  Until my next post, happy savings!

Total Savings:  $21.00





By: Tawny Ormes
      Marketing Projects Coordinator
      and TBT Webmaster








No comments:

Post a Comment

WARNING: This is a public site. Please do not post any personal and/or financial information that may make you vulnerable to identity theft.